Renovating Bathroom Minneapolis
When it comes to home improvement plans, bathroom renovation projects are usually at the top of the list. Bathrooms get renovated more often than the other rooms, because it is the most frequently used room in the house. Renovating bathroom Minneapolis is not only when you want to sell your home. A renovation project can increase the value of your home and improve the quality of your life. It also gives you a comfortable bathroom where you can be relax and refreshing yourself. It can be a boring task, but a little planning could help your life much easier later on. In this article, you will learn how to transform your old bathroom to its new look.
Bathroom renovation is a collaborative process between you and your contractor. It is not enough to simply find one that can make your design ideas a reality. You'll need a contractor who can work with both your ideas and your budget for a new bathtub refinishing that increases your home's value. Bathrooms are one of the smallest rooms in the house and they are also one the most costly to renovate. Bathroom renovation is a job that, if done well, can add value to a home and a great space full of design and light.
Bathroom Renovation Ideas: From Vision To Reality
So, you have decided to embark on the adventurous journey of Renovating bathroom Minneapolis. Doesn't matter if you are doing it with your family in mind or for alluring the future potential home buyers - bathroom renovation could be a very exciting and rewarding experience but some times quite frustrating. To avoid the problems that can arise from it and make your life worry free, consider the tips below and you will soon enjoy a relaxing bath in your newly renovated bathroom.
1. Decide on your budget - This is the first and very important step in your bathroom renovation project. Based on your budget you can go for full bathroom renovation to making only the necessary upgrades. Changing only those worn out tiles on the floor and replacing the old-fashioned faucet might be all that your bathroom needs to be rejuvenated and be easy on your pocket at the same time.
2. Do it yourself or hire a pro? Many people think that they are handy enough to paint, replace tiles and faucets, even do full bathroom renovation by themselves. While this is true for some, most of the people need a professional to do the job right and fast. And if you hire the right person, you will benefit from them because they know the latest trends, best materials for quality and value and will provide you with solid advice.
3. Select the materials for your bathroom renovation wisely. In our days we are flooded with wide choice of flooring materials, fixtures and vanities.Except for the obvious reasons of colour, size and style, while choosing materials for your bathroom renovation project you should consider the following when shopping
4. Quality and durability - nobody wants to fix their bathroom every year and that's why it is important to choose durable and high quality materials and fixtures. When choosing the product, take your time shopping around to compare the alternatives available. If you hired a contractor, here comes his/hers indispensable advice and probably he/she can give you a discount on materials from some stores.
5. Maintenance - don't forget that nothing stays as new if not maintained properly. If you don't have a maid (yet) that cleans after you every day consider some easy to maintain materials and colours for your bathroom renovation project. This way you will spend more time enjoying your bathroom than cleaning it.
The bathroom renovations are sometimes time-consuming and quite stressful, but if you follow the simple steps above you will be in charge of your project and you will enjoy the satisfaction of seeing and using the final result of your well planned bathroom renovation. And just remember it'll be all worth the effort when you see your new bathroom finished just to your taste.
The Bathroom Renovation Process
1. Install water and drainage pipe and electrical wires.
2. Install wall lining and ceiling and then install the bath hob and bath.
3. Waterproof the floor and shower and bath recess.
4. Correct the fall of the floor with sand and cement ready for tiling.
5. Lay floor and wall tiles and then grout.
6. Install new bathroom vanity, fittings, and taps - install new electrical.
7. Paint ceiling and final clean.
The renovation ideas simply usually center on putting new tiles, and fixtures. Think about what will make it better for you, and factor this into your renovation ideas. Sometimes your ideas should also be cost sensitive. There are many Renovating bathroom Minneapolis stores available for you to buy faucets, vanities, windows, counter tops, vents, toilet, fixtures, and lighting. Planning these basics will give you a good starting place. Remember that great planning is the key to a great bathroom renovation.
Bathroom renovation requires a special skill, because you will have to rip out old tiling, plumbing, paint, water fixtures, and get everything back into the same working position. The tasks include stripping down the entire bathroom which would enable you to re-layout the new space. You also need to choose lighting and fixtures to match the overall design for your bathroom. Consider to add water saving shower heads to save on your hot water usage. Be sure you are familiar with materials required for the renovation.
If you can do the Renovating bathroom Minneapolis project yourself, think about the cost of the materials, and how long the project will take to complete. You can do it a weekend at a time. Be patient that the renovation project could take longer time. But, if you think that do it yourself bathroom renovation project can be a risky undertaking, you can hire a professional to do the project. A professional bathroom renovator should complete your bathroom renovation project faster than you since he has years of experience.
View here to know in depth about bath cabinetry.
Related Tags: Local Bathroom Contractors,Find Bathroom Contractor,Licensed Bathroom Contractors,Bathroom Remodel Ideas 2017,Heated Tile Floors,Bathroom remodeling Minneapolis MN, Remodeling bathroom Minneapolis